Bright Spots: June
As the saying goes, a picture’s worth a thousand words. These are some bright spots I shared this past month on Instagram. Follow along here.
1. A burst of inspiration thanks to monster finger puppets: You know those little voices in that creep around in your head that tell not to do something? Don’t listen to them.
2. Making magical childhood memories as my daughter soaked in the summer magic, hammocks, bonfires, friends, food and those two sweet pugs at Johanna Lowe’s Michigan farm yesterday.
3. This end of this month rings in the one-year anniversary of the single event that is pretty much the reason why I started my coaching business. I share more about it and the power of defining your life purpose here.
4. Reflecting on a morning where I yelled at my kids to hurry up, “Mommy’s going to be late! Hustle hustle!” then everyone was outside waiting for me, and they started to yell at each other, you know, someone touched someone the wrong way, whatever. I realized they were mimicking my behavior and I was so sad. Sure, mom’s have a rough day, can’t find shoes, no milk in the house (I did have coconut milk! But no 1%). I’m not going to call myself a bad mom, that’s ridiculous, we all do the best we can. What I did do is apologize to my kids, explain why I was upset (it’s me, not you), and own that I messed up. Treat others how you want to be treated, right? The lessons these little muffins teach me everyday, I tell ya!
5. Dedicated my morning yoga practice to Orlando. I was so moved by the power of love, acceptance and using our collective strength to be warriors of love. Love wins, always.
6. There is more magic in the world then we give mother earth credit for, for example, on one magical day this month 1) I listened to my intuition, and she was right. 2) Three ambitious heart-centered women shared their time with me during my At The Speed of Bright coaching sessions. 3) Comcast came and got my wifi working (hallelujah!). 4) I talked strategy and creation with Jason from We Just Match.
I would love to know your bright spots were from this past month, share them with me in the comments or over on Instagram!
Hi there, I’m Lisa.
I’m a life, brand + business coach. I help ambitious heart-centered people create a life by design with intention, experience, and insight. Interested in seeing what’s possible for you? Message me and let’s talk.
Want every so often emails chock full of ideas, events and intention? Sign up here.